You will join a team of highly committed staff members engaged in cutting edge work - transforming the lives of people forgotten and dismissed on the West Side of Chicago.
The opportunities listed below are standing opportunities but for a more up-to-date listing of our volunteer opportunities, please go to VolunteerMatch.org and peruse our most recent listings.
- Administrative Assistant: will perform a wide variety of ad-hoc but crucial functions in keeping our clients in the best, most nurturing environment in the treatment business. Running errands, typing, making contacts, greeting clients, and other typical administrative duties will be required depending on the abilities of the applicants. We can find something constructive and useful for you to do no matter what your skill sets!
- Handyman or Handywoman: will help us keep the place painted, plumbed, electrified, and functional.
- Journalist / Writer: will help us collect the many amazing stories of recovery and help us to put them into a format that honors them and the hard road they’ve travelled. Most of these stories are so moving that the process of collecting, assembling, and writing them becomes transformative in itself. A person with a big heart who is moved by witnessing miracles in the flesh would be a good candidate (and of course writing ability).
- Executive Volunteer: Seeking an exceptional former executive, CEO, entrepreneur or leadership personality who is willing to volunteer their time and experience to assist the Executive Director in a wide and changing variety of project management endeavors. Flex hours are fine with as few or as many as you have available, and taking on a specific project or limited role would be great.
- Geek: needed to help us stay wired and connected to each other and the outside worldwide web! Skills in website management would be helpful but the main assistance will be required in making sure our connectivity is healthy and functional.
- How to Apply
6 months Winter 2016/2017 | Summer/Fall 2017
6 month intern program will be structured around the student’s schedule and will focus on the core competencies required for the degree. We have a wide variety of opportunities available which can fit just about any course of study. Internships that run 8 months, 12 months and up to two years are available for students that are looking for an adventure that will follow a full recuperation cycle from use to successful reintegration as a contributing member of society.
We are a DASA approved site for training CADC interns in their 150 or 300 hours of required internship, and able to provide the minimum (and probably more) of 10 hours in each of the 12 core functions: Screening, Intake, Orientation, Assessment, Treatment Planning, Counseling, Case Management, Crisis Intervention, Client Education, Referral, Report and Record Keeping, and Consultation with other professionals in regard to Client Treatment/Services.
How to Apply
Applying for any of these opportunities is as easy as filling out the very simple form at the bottom of this page (see Enroll Today below). We will be back to your shortly but if you don’t hear from us within 24 hours please call us at 773.940.2960 and bug us!
Frequently Asked Questions
What if I can’t make it in regularly?
No problem. We’ll work around your schedule and we have infinite patience.
Are these people dangerous? Is it safe to be there?
We feel it’s safe. You will have to judge for yourself but our safety protocols have yet to be used due to lack of need.
Is it fun?
It’s a BALL! We love it and encourage you to come down and experience it yourself!