Above and Beyond Family Recovery Center values our partnership with you and wanted to send an official notice of our response to COVID-19. This event has also emphasized the importance of sending a newsletter to keep all field coordinators updated in general.
Above and Beyond is considered an essential business and operation as defined by Illinois. In regard to COVID-19 we have taken the following steps:
- Minimizing physical interaction and contact. Patients are not to be outside of the group during treatment group times.
- Cleanliness: Doubling our efforts to clean and sanitize every inch of our facility on a daily basis, including any and all food preparation equipment.
- Personal Hand Sanitizer: Requiring all staff and interns to use hand sanitizer before, and after, each patient interaction.
- Sanitation Stations: Posting Hand Sanitizer stations around the facility for patients’ awareness.
- Tele-Counseling: Registering patients for tele-counseling using our Kipu System or Google Voice (So far, we are able to instant message using Kipu’s secure HIPAA compliant messaging system.)
- Cancellations: Cancelling the Mastering Trauma Series and Clinical Meetings to give Primary Counselors/Case Managers time to complete documentation so that they can have an early dismissal to avoid rush hour’s crowded transportation.
- No Obligations: The health and well-being of our interns are important to us. Interns and staff members are not expected to come into work if they feel as though their safety is at risk. For interns, we are offering to freeze their intern hours until everything settles down and they feel they are safe to return.
- Screenings: Above and Beyond has conducted front door temperature screenings and questionnaires of staff and patients; sending home all staff, interns, or patients who exhibit any signs of illness whatsoever. Patients will have resources on the next steps to take if they believe they have been in contact with the COVID-19.
- Clinical Supervision: Clinical Supervisors have opted to conduct supervision via telephone or video chat.
- Work from Home Opportunities: Interns who remain a part of our internship program have been given Work from Home opportunities. These opportunities are logged weekly and input. Some of the opportunities involve interns participating in tele-counseling and case management.